This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you.
If you are craving something sweet, but healthy, then you must try this easy Vegan Fudge!
With a rich, dense chocolatey taste, this Vegan Fudge is healthy, low-calorie, gluten-free, refined-sugar-free, with a pinch of salted caramel kick.
You will need 5 ingredients and less than 20 minutes to make it.
Let’s jump right in!
Ingredients for the Healthy Vegan Fudge:
- Coconut milk (from a can) – You don’t need the full-fat one. Just the coconut milk from a can that’s a bit thicker than regular plant-based milk. You can buy it in bulk from Amazon, for a great price.
- Date syrup – To sweeten it naturally and to reach the perfect consistency. You can find date syrup in glass jars on Amazon.
- Protein powder – The key ingredient for the recipe. It will make the fudge nutritious and super delicious. I used Vitally Vegan protein powder and their Chocolate Salted Caramel flavor. It is the perfect protein powder for this recipe! You can get a £10 discount (with the code ZEROWASTE) here.
- Peanut flour – Peanut flour isn’t blender peanuts. It is when peanuts are crushed, defatted, and made into a flour. It is another key ingredient that will thicken the fudge, and increase the protein content, without making it too caloric. You can find plastic-free peanut flour from Bulk.com, in bulk from Nuts.com, or look locally in bulk stores.
- Cocoa butter – It is excellent since it is solid, and it will keep the fudge firm, too. Buy plastic-free from Zerowastebulk.com (US), or Realplasticfree.com (UK).
Storing and freezing tips:
I have a similar Caramel fudge recipe, which is incredible, but it melts fast once outside the freezer.
I love this Healthy Vegan Fudge recipe since it doesn’t melt at room temperature, and you can store it in the fridge for a week or so.
For more extended storage, you can freeze the Vegan Fudge for up to a month. In that way, you will always have a healthy treat waiting for you. Just take it out of the freezer 20 or so minutes before eating.
Super delicious, easy to make 5-ingredient Healthy Vegan Fudge! A single piece has only 32 calories and 2.3 grams of protein.
- 200ml coconut milk (from a can)
- 100ml date syrup
- ½ cup (64g) Vitally Vegan protein powder (chocolate salted caramel)
- ½ cup (64g) peanut flour
- 12ml melted cocoa butter
- To a blender, add 200ml coconut milk from a can, 50ml date syrup, and 12ml melted cocoa butter. Blend it for a few seconds.
- Next, add 64grams of Vitally Vegan protein powder. I used their chocolate salted caramel flavor, which is one of my favorite.
- Then, add 64g of peanut flour and 50ml of date syrup. Blend until you get a smooth mixture.
- After that, transfer to a smaller container ( used 15x20 cm tray).
- Put it in the freezer for at least 2-3 hours, then cut it into small squares. I ended up with 35 pieces.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 32Total Fat: 1,3gSaturated Fat: 1gCarbohydrates: 2,7gFiber: 0,1gSugar: 2,1gProtein: 2,3g
Can I omit the protein powder?
Unfortunately, no. The protein powder is a crucial ingredient, and you can substitute it with other ingredients.
Can I use a different protein powder?
You can, but the result will be different, and I can’t say if it will be as good as with Vitally Vegan protein powder.
The Salted Caramel Flavor from Vitally Vegan is extremely creamy, delicious, not overly sweet like some other protein powders, and does not contain ANY artificial flavors or sweeteners.
It brings the Vegan Fudge to an entirely new level, not just by flavor but also by nutrition.
Can I use something other than date syrup?
I haven’t tried with a different sweetener, but agave or maple syrup should work fine, too.
I hope you will like this Healthy Vegan Fudge as much as I did. Let me know in the comments below if you liked it, or if you have any questions!