This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you.
Hello cool humans!
In this article, I will share with you what I eat on a random day, along with three vegan recipes you can try out.
These recipes are super simple, satisfying, and it will take you less than 15 minutes to prepare each of them.
Note that this full day of eating wasn’t completely zero waste – currently, I’m buying tofu that contains plastic packaging. But I am going to start preparing my tofu very soon!
If you want to see how I made each of these meals check the video in the end!
Now, let’s jump to the recipes.
For breakfast, I had oatmeal. Recently I've been cooking my oats with peanut flour since it's high in protein, and it feels like I added a lot of peanut butter, without actually adding any.
- 40g oats (⅜ cups)
- 20g peanut flour (¼ cup)
- Liquid sweetener (or a few drops of stevia)
- Frozen berries
- Toppings: banana, hemp seeds, hazelnut butter
- I add enough water, to cover everything. It will be quite liquidy at first, but don't worry it will become thicker. I cook the oats on medium heat, and I bring them to a boil.
- I add a few drops of stevia or another liquid sweetener, like date syrup.
- After a while, it will start to thicken. Then, I add frozen berries. I cook the oats for a few more seconds and at the very end, add some raisins.
- Then I pour the oats in a bowl, and I add my toppings! This time I added hemp seeds, banana, and hazelnut butter.
This breakfast is super satisfying and very delicious, so you should give it a try!
- 2-4 medium carrots
- Half a regular onion
- Spring onion
- 150g tofu
- Tomato sauce
- Spices: garlic, paprika, turmeric, curry, salt, pepper
- First, I chopped my veggies. Then I started cooking them with the same water on medium heat. I like to add my spices in the beginning, so I enhance the flavors. Then I continue to cook the veggies for a bit longer.
- The next step is optional, but if I have, I usually add some tomato sauce and a bit of water. I will add more water, if necessary.
- After about 8-9 minutes, I will add the spring onion and the tofu. Then I will add more water, and more turmeric, so I make the tofu more yellow-ish. I will continue cooking the tofu and add more of the tomato sauce, for 5 more minutes. After that, the tofu scramble is done!
- I served with hemp seeds and spicy pepper sauce. I normally like to add some raw veggies, like cucumbers. Or whatever I have on hand.
And there you have it - high protein and satisfying vegan lunch.
A bit later I like to have a small sweet snack and some coffee.
I normally drink 2 or 3 coffees per day and I like to snack with some fruit or if I made that day some sort of a homemade cake.
This time, I just had a red juicy apple. I supplement with B12.
Anyone who is on a vegetarian, vegan (and sometimes even carnivore) diet should supplement with a B12! I take one of these pills every 2-3 days.
For dinner, I made a super quick salad, cuz I was a bit lazy.
- Green salad or leafy greens
- Beans (I used 2 types - red and white)
- Cucumber, or other fresh vegetables
- Pepper sauce (baked peppers)
- Apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, garlic, sauce
- Improvised dressing: mushroom pate, tomato sauce, garlic, sweetener, paprika, soy sauce.
- To some green salad, I added lemon juice and apple cider vinegar, red and white beans, and some cucumber.
- I added my favorite pepper sauce and super improvised dressing
- I again added my beloved hemp seeds 😀
And that was my quick and lazy dinner 🙂 I mixed everything well it was really good!
So there you have it – three quick and easy vegan meal ideas!
Leave any questions or comments in the section below. Also, let me know if you liked this article & video, and if you would like to see more of my vegan meals. 🙂
Take care, and until next time.