This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you.
I’m excited to share with you a protein-packed, creamy, and gluten-free Vegan Chocolate Blueberry Cake recipe!
There are a few main ingredients, and it can be done with or without a blender. Let’s jump right in.
Ingredients for the Vegan Chocolate Blueberry Cake:
You will need 4 medium bananas – or about 430 grams.
Plant-based protein powder
Here you can use anything you have.
I also wrote an article with 12 (almost) zero waste protein powder brands, so feel free to check it out!
The cocoa will give the cakey texture, as we won’t put any flour in the recipe.
Instead of oil, we will put in a bit of tahini! In case you don’t have any, you can simply use peanut butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter, etc.
I usually love to use date syrup, but this time I didn’t have any, so I used molasses instead. It worked just fine!
The chocolate pieces are optional, but they are a great addition to this recipe.
You will need about 1 cup (160g) of blueberries!
- 4 banana (430g)
- 75g plant-based protein powder
- 50g cacao powder
- 30g tahini
- 20g sweetener (agave, date syrup, molasses, etc.)
- 30g chocolate pieces
- 160g blueberries
- First, blend 4 bananas (mine ended up being about 430grams). If you don’t have a blender, don’t worry, you can smash the bananas with a fork.
- Next, add 75 grams of protein powder, and mix again.
- After that, add 50 grams of cocoa powder, and blend.
- Then add 30g of tahini and 20g of liquid sweetener - you can use date syrup, agave, or anything you have on hand.
- Finally, add 1 cup of blueberries and about 30 grams of chocolate pieces and mix them with a spoon.
- Transfer the mix in a baking dish, and put it in the oven for about 20 minutes, at 180 degrees.
- And that’s about it -- cut in in pieces, and enjoy this super light, satisfying flourless blueberry cake!
It is BEST to eat the cake COLD, so be patient! You can also store it in the fridge.
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 104Total Fat: 3,5gCarbohydrates: 12,6gFiber: 2,8gSugar: 5,9gProtein: 5,9g
Do you like this recipe? If you make it, make sure to tell me if you enjoyed it. 🙂
Take care, and until next time!