This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you.
Are you tired of buying expensive and ineffective commercial beauty products?
I have a simple solution for you!
There are many DIY beauty products that you can start making from scratch.
The benefits of making your DIY beauty products products include:
- You will make your individual needs
- You can solve your specific beauty problems
- You will save a lot of money
- You will simplify your beauty routine
- You will reduce waste
So, if that sounds good for you, then take a look at 7 DIY beauty products that you can start making instead of buying!
1. Antibacterial Face Mask
Acne is one of the most common skin problems that everyone faces.
Skin problems can be triggered by many factors, including clogged pores and greasy products.
Unfortunately, many skincare products contain pore-clogging ingredients and even oil, which can only worsen your problem.
On the other hand, you can reduce your acne by creating your skincare products with gentle and natural ingredients.
This DIY face mask, for example, is made up of gentle antibacterial and anti-inflammatory ingredients that can calm down and minimize those angry, red bumps.
For this face mask, you would need the following ingredients:
• 5ml Witch hazel
• 5ml Rosewater
• 1/4 tsp. Bentonite clay
1. Mix 5 ml of rose water with 5 ml of witch hazel.
2. Add the liquid ingredients to ¼ tsp of bentonite clay. Mix well.
3. Apply evenly on your face and leave for 10 minutes.
4. Wash off the clay using warm water.
2. Oil-reducing Setting Spray
If you enjoy putting on makeup, you probably know that some makeup products tend to melt away quickly due to oil and sweat.
Your makeup can last longer with the help of a good setting spray.
PrettyMe’s guide to setting sprays notes that they contain water and polymer, which allow the products to adhere to your skin.
After spritzing the product all over your face, your makeup can last all day long.
You can easily make an effective and natural setting spray with the use of these ingredients:
• 5g Aloe vera gel
• Lavender oil
1. Mix 2 tbsp of aloe vera gel and a few drops of lavender oil.
2. Pour the mixture into a clean spray bottle.
3. Dilute the mixture using ½ cup of water.
4. Mix the ingredients properly.
5. Spray it onto your face at the end of your makeup routine.
3. Gentle Deodorant
Sweating is very natural, but bacteria in the armpit area can cause sweat to create an unpleasant odor.
Unfortunately, most commercial deodorants eliminate the smell by blocking your sweat glands.
You can maintain your hygiene and protect your health by creating a DIY deodorant.
In this article, I have 4 deodorant recipes, that are for different needs and preferences.
For example, if you have sensitive skin, you can create a baking-soda free deodorant, using these gentle ingredients:
• ¾ cup arrowroot powder
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• ¼ cup shea butter
• ½ tbsp bentonite clay
• 10-15 drops of essential oil
1. Melt shea butter and coconut oil together using a double-boiler.
2. Add arrowroot powder and bentonite clay into the mixture using a wooden spoon.
3. Add the essential oil once you have mixed everything thoroughly.
4. Transfer the mixture into a container and freeze it until it becomes solid.
4. Therapeutic Body Lotion
Lotions are great staples during the cold winter months.
But you can further elevate this simple beauty product by adding natural ingredients that can moisturize and soothe your skin.
For instance, you can infuse herbs like calendula and lavender for a relaxing and healing body lotion.
Calendula a medicinal herb that is often used to heal wounds, injuries, and skin irritation.
On the other hand, Lavender is a great ingredient that can reduce anxiety and even mild pain.
To create a therapeutic body lotion, you would need these ingredients:
• ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
• ¼ cup coconut oil
• ¼ cup dried calendula
•1/8 cup dried lavender
• ⅛ cup candelilla wax
• 5 drops of lavender oil
1. Combine the calendula, and lavender flowers, then pour the olive oil and coconut oil into these dry ingredients.
2. Double-boil the mixture for three to five hours.
3. Transfer the oil into a separate container.
4. Pour the beeswax into the hot oil. Double-boil these components until the beeswax melts.
5. Add the essential oil before allowing the mixture to cool down.
6. Use this soothing lotion at night.
5. Soothing Shampoo
Commercial shampoos contain potent ingredients that can strip beneficial properties from your hair and scalp as you’re cleansing them.
A study found that shampoo ingredients like sulfates could help remove dirt, but they also strip healthy oils from your hair and scalp at the same time.
You may have brittle hair and an itchy scalp as a consequence of using these strong products.
The benefit of creating your shampoo is that you can get rid of harmful ingredients like sulfates. Thus, you can get rid of dandruff while having stronger hair.
You can create an anti-dandruff shampoo using these natural ingredients:
• ¼ cup water
• ¼ cup liquid Castille soap
• ½ tsp jojoba oil
• 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
• 3 tbsp apple juice
• 6 finely ground cloves
1. Combine all ingredients and mix with a blender until smooth.
2. Apply the smooth mixture onto wet hair and rinse it well afterward.
3. Discard the mixture after three days.
6. Hydrating Lip Balm
There are many inexpensive lip balms in the marketplace, but most of these only provide temporary relief from dry lips.
Most commercial lip balms contain alcohol, phenol, menthol, and salicylic acid, which can cause irritation and dry out your lips!
By creating your lip balm, you can save more money and create a safe product that can do the job.
You can soothe and moisturize your sensitive lips with the help of gentle and natural moisturizing ingredients like coconut oil, cocoa butter and oil, and essential oils.
To create a natural lip balm, you need the following ingredients:
• 3 tbs coconut oil
• 1 tbs cocoa butter
• 2 tbs soy wax (carnauba or candelilla wax will also work)
• 5 drops lavender essential oil
1. Add the coconut oil, cocoa butter, and soy wax to a bowl.
2. Double-boil the three ingredients until they have melted together.
3. Take the mixture off the pan and add in the lavender oil, once the mix cools down.
4. Transfer the mixture into a container and let it cool.
7. Moisturizing Shaving Gel
This easy moisturizing shaving gel is a great and effective beauty product for both men and women.
The good thing about this recipe is that it doesn’t include the usual allergens found in commercial shave creams, such as triethanolamine and isobutane.
This homemade shaving gel can effectively soften your body hair so that you can glide your razor quickly and safely through the different parts of your body.
Most importantly, it contains moisturizing ingredients that will make your skin smooth after the shaving process.
For this recipe, you will need the following:
• 4 tbsp aloe vera gel
• 1 tsp coconut oil
• 1/2 tsp vegetable glycerin
• 1/2 tsp vitamin E oil
• 3 drops of your chosen essential oil
1. Combine all the ingredients in a small jar or bottle.
2. Shake well until the ingredients have been mixed.
Natural ingredients are undoubtedly a powerful way to combat acne, excess oil, body odor, skin irritation, dry lips, and even dandruff.
With the help of these components, you can easily create homemade beauty products that are suitable for your needs.
After browsing through these easy DIY recipes, which natural beauty product do you want to try first?