This post and the photos within it may contain affiliate links. If you purchase something through the link, I may receive a commission at no extra charge to you.
Find tips on how to make brownies more fudgy, plus my favorite recipe for the best Fudgy Almond Butter Brownies.
These are SUPER delicious, incredibly chewy & fudgy, and 100% vegan.
The recipe is quite simple, and you will need just 7 ingredients and a bowl. (no blender required!)
Tips on how to make brownies more fudgy:
First, let’s take a look at how exactly you can make brownies fudgier –
Good quality chocolate:
Whether you are using chocolate, cocoa powder, or a combination of the two, the quality of the chocolate (and the cocoa powder) is essential.
To make very dense, chocolatey brownies, make sure you use good quality chocolate that tastes good.
If brownies are baked too long, they will become dry and crumbly.
After about 15 minutes of baking, test if it’s done by inserting a pick into the center of the brownies.
The pick should come out of the brownies with a few moist crumbs attached.
Also, keep in mind that removing the pan from the oven won’t stop the baking process immediately.
The carryover heat from the pan will continue baking the brownies for a bit longer.
Cool before cutting:
While it can be hard, you must wait for the brownies to cool down, before cutting.
If you cut the brownies before they cool down entirely, the brownie might start crumbling or falling apart.
Also, for clean cuts, wipe the knife CLEAN between each cut.
Yes, it gets a bit annoying, but it works.
A tip on how do you make brownies more chewy & juicy:
If you wonder how to make brownies more chewy, remember that a crucial factor in achieving a fudgy, chewy brownie is the cooking time.
To make brownies chewy, they should be slightly undercooked.
Just enough so they don’t dry out in the middle, and the brownie doesn’t lose its chewiness.
Use the cooking times given in the recipe only as a guide because each oven will vary.
Super fudgy & juicy vegan brownies - 7 ingredients, no blender!
- 3/4 cup (185g) almond butter
- ⅓ (35g) cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp flax seed meal (16g) + 10 tbsp milk (or water)
- ½ cup coconut sugar (95g) + 25g (2 tbsp)
- ⅓ cup oat flour (30g)
- 25g melted chocolate + 25 ml soy milk
- Chocolate chips - 25g in the end
- First, make a “flax egg” by mixing 2 tbsp of flaxseed meal with 10tbsp milk. Let it for a couple of minutes.
- Then, add the almond butter, the flaxseed meal mixture, 95g coconut sugar, cocoa powder in a bowl and mix.
- Melt 25g chocolate with 25ml milk, and add to the mixture. Then, add the oat flour and 25g of coconut sugar.
- Spread in a baking pan, and sprinkle on top with more chocolate.
- Bake at 180 degrees (356°F), for 15-20 min.
- After 15 minutes of baking, check the brownie with a toothpick, and see how it is going.
- Depending on your oven, the brownie might get baked faster, therefore it's essential to check it after 15 minutes so you avoid drying it out. If they are still unbaked, leave them for 3-5 more minutes.
Serving Size:1 piece
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 146Total Fat: 9,1gCarbohydrates: 14,7gFiber: 2.3gSugar: 7.9gProtein: 4.4g